- June 5-6 - Sold out
EventStorming is a workshop format invented by Alberto Brandolini that enables massive learning on complex business domains and promotes collaboration between different disciplines and across teams.
A visually effective problem-solving technique that puts everyone on the same page, EventStorming was greatly defined by Dan North: “In any EventStorming session of all different kinds, everyone knows what everyone else knows“.
Day 1 – EventStorming as a discovery tool.
- Quick kick-off: where we are and where we want to go
- Real-world Big Picture EventStorming, mastering complexity and unknowns in large-scale modelling
- Managing conflicts, highlighting risk, and the problems really worth solving
- The facilitator’s toolbox revealed
- Improving our process exploring motivations of different actors
- The Change agent’s perspective: why it’s going to be hard even when improvement is obvious, and how to deal with stalemates
- Everything’s connected: Lean & Kanban, complexity and organization limits
- Working with startups vs. working with established companies
- EventStorming as a platform for problem-solving
- ModelStorming: modelling everything without a clue (and yet delivering amazing insights).
Day 2 – Using EventStorming to design a system.
- Emerging System Boundaries: from EventStorming to Bounded Contexts
- Process Modelling EventStorming: a cross-discipline platform for collaborative modelling
- A different perspective on software design: the picture that explains everything
- Making policies explicit. Discovering the hidden truth in business behaviour
- Design around Value: hidden and explicit motivators
- Software Design EventStorming: discovering key software components
- Aggregates and transactional consistency: independent moving parts in a large system
- Design around the bottleneck: changing the rules of the game
- Blending User Experience Design and Service Design into Software Design
- Triggering bullet-proof design with visible state
- The transaction illusion
- From sticky notes to working software. When to go for sophisticated architecture.
What you will learn
In this two-day EventStorming Masterclass with Alberto Brandolini, we’ll practice three different flavours (Big Picture, Process Modelling and Software Design), applied to real-world business problems.
We’ll take into account the different perspectives (including the facilitator) in a process that spans large-scale discovery, to leverage collaborative design.
We’ll experience the how, and we’ll discuss the why.
EventStorming is interdisciplinary. The specialistic notation is dropped in favour of an incremental lo-fi approach that allows an inclusive approach while driving the exploration towards the most sensitive areas. Every participant will actively contribute.
About Alberto BrandoliniTwitter LinkedIn Blog Company Website
DDD practitioner since the old ages, inventor of EventStorming, a guy with a masterplan.